How to prepare to bid...
- Register - The tab is in the upper right corner of this page.
- Move to the bid screen below and click on the green "Request Approval" button.
- Call the Auctioneer listed for this auction. If you do not, you will not be approved to bid.
- After speaking to the Auctioneer, refresh your screen or log in again.
- Click on the green "Register for Auction" button.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- You are ready to bid. If you have trouble, call Auctioneer Mark Kennedy - 618-924-1747.
- If you are unable to bid Online, or are unsure about the reliability of your internet connection, call the auctioneer and make alternative arrangements at least 24 hours before the auction closes.
- Bidding will be per tract – eBay-style/max bidding. Minimum opening bid of $160,000. Minimum bid increments of $1,000.
- Bidding begins Friday, September 15, 2023 and will be available until 8:00 PM CST Thursday, October 19, 2023, subject to bid extensions (Soft Close).
- Property Inspection: Saturday, October 7, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. OR By Appointment - Call Broker Joe Corso 618-663-1334.
HAVE QUESTIONS? CALL OR TEXT AUCTIONEER MARK KENNEDY - 618-924-1747
Jefferson County IL 15+- Acres / Wooded Open Barn Barndominium Lodge / 2916A
As you drive down the private driveway a couple hundred yards off East Grant Road in the rural countryside of Dix IL, you are welcomed by a beautiful barn in a clearing surrounded by woods. This property has so many flexible uses. The structure is above your average barn. It is perfect to be finished as a barndominium for primary residence, a weekend get-a-way, hunting lodge; or choose to leave it as is and just pull your motor home into it. With 200 amp electric, water, bath and shower, washer and dryer hookup, it's all set up for someone to enjoy.
The enclosed area of the barn is 40 ft. x 60 ft. and 24 ft. x 60 ft. lean-to on one side running full length of the building. On the other side is a 14 ft. x 14 ft. porch.
- Barn is just couple years old, built in 2020, looks like the day it was built.
- Concrete floor with stress lines cut
- 16 ft. side walls
- One 14 ft. x 14 ft. insulated overhead door; one 10 ft. x 12 ft. insulated overhead door - both have electric openers
- One walk door and 5 windows
- The roof metal has drip-stop applied so no condensation.
- There is a second story mezzanine built over the bath area and laundry.
- City water, 200-amp electric service with a subpanel, RV outlets
- Aeration septic system
- Overhead lights and wall receptacles
- Section 8, T1S-R2E
This beautiful structure is set on 14.59 surveyed acres. Wildlife is abundant with deer, turkey and small game. Located just 10 minutes from Interstate 57 and 45 minutes to Carlyle Lake.
NO BUYER'S PREMIUM.
SALE SUBJECT TO CONFORMATION OF SELLER(S).
NO CONTINGENCIES: This Real Estate contract is not contingent on or subject to Buyer’s financing, appraisal, survey or inspections of any kind or any other contingencies as agreed to by bidders at registration prior to bidding.
ZONING AND EASEMENTS: Property is being sold subject to any and all easements of record. Property is subject to all state and local zoning ordinances.
REAL ESTATE TAXES: Pro-rated to day of closing.
SURVEY: Property has been surveyed.
MINERAL: Any mineral owned will transfer, if any.
CONTRACT AND DOWN PAYMENT: Contract for purchase to be signed within 24 hours of close of auction. A 10% down payment of the total contract purchase price will be due immediately after being declared the winning bidder. The down payment may be paid in the form of personal check, wire transfer, business check or cashier's check and received within 3 business days. Earnest check to be made to Buy A Farm Land & Auction Co. Trust Account. The balance of the contract purchase price is due at closing. Any stop payment order of a check or giving a check which is returned marked “insufficient funds,” shall be deemed by the parties to be evidence of fraud existing at the time the transaction was consummated and shall be construed by the parties as intent to defraud.
TITLE: Sellers shall furnish the Buyer(s) at Seller's expense marketable title in the form of Title Commitment, a proper deed conveying merchantable title to the real estate to the Buyer(s) and tax transfer stamps. Buyer will pay the deed recording and fees associated with mortgage/financing. Title companies closing fee will be split equally by Buyer and Seller.
CLOSING: Closing shall occur within 30 days or as soon thereafter as applicable closing documents are completed. Seller shall pay for recording release from any mortgage. Buyer shall pay for recording the deed of conveyance from Seller and any mortgage title insurance charges. Any closing costs not herein provided for shall be borne by Buyer. Seller shall cause the Closing Statement to be delivered to Buyer at or before the closing.
POSSESSION: Possession at closing.
AGENCY: Buy A Farm Land & Auction Co LLC is the Agent and Representative of the Seller.
The information is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed the owners or Buy A Farm Land & Auction Co LLC All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. There are no expressed or implied warranties made by the Seller(s) or Buy A Farm Land & Auction Co LLC pertaining to this property. Real estate is being sold "As Is, Where Is".
AUCTIONEER: Mark Kennedy, IL Lic #440.00022.