Jefferson County IL 15+- Acres / Wooded Open Barn Barndominium Lodge / 2916A
As you drive down the private driveway a couple hundred yards off East Grant Road in the rural countryside of Dix IL, you are welcomed by a beautiful barn in a clearing surrounded by woods. This property has so many flexible uses. The structure is above your average barn. It is perfect to be finished as a barndominium for primary residence, a weekend get-a-way, hunting lodge; or choose to leave it as is and just pull your motor home into it. With 200 amp electric, water, bath and shower, washer and dryer hookup, it's all set up for someone to enjoy.
The enclosed area of the barn is 40 ft. x 60 ft. and 24 ft. x 60 ft. lean-to on one side running full length of the building. On the other side is a 14 ft. x 14 ft. porch.
- Barn is just couple years old, built in 2020, looks like the day it was built.
- Concrete floor with stress lines cut
- 16 ft. side walls
- One 14 ft. x 14 ft. insulated overhead door; one 10 ft. x 12 ft. insulated overhead door - both have electric openers
- One walk door and 5 windows
- The roof metal has drip-stop applied so no condensation.
- There is a second story mezzanine built over the bath area and laundry.
- City water, 200-amp electric service with a subpanel, RV outlets
- Aeration septic system
- Overhead lights and wall receptacles
- Section 8, T1S-R2E
This beautiful structure is set on 14.59 surveyed acres. Wildlife is abundant with deer, turkey and small game. Located just 10 minutes from Interstate 57 and 45 minutes to Carlyle Lake.
How to prepare to bid...
- Register - The tab is in the upper right corner of this page.
- Move to the bid screen below and click on the green "Request Approval" button.
- Call the Auctioneer listed for this auction. If you do not, you will not be approved to bid.
- After speaking to the Auctioneer, refresh your screen or log in again.
- Click on the green "Register for Auction" button.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- You are ready to bid. If you have trouble, call Auctioneer Mark Kennedy - 618-924-1747.
- If you are unable to bid Online, or are unsure about the reliability of your internet connection, call the auctioneer and make alternative arrangements at least 24 hours before the auction closes.
- Bidding will be per tract – eBay-style/max bidding. Minimum opening bid of $160,000. Minimum bid increments of $1,000.
- Bidding begins Friday, September 15, 2023 and will be available until 8:00 PM CST Thursday, October 19, 2023, subject to bid extensions (Soft Close).
- Property Inspection: Saturday, October 7, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. OR By Appointment - Call Broker Joe Corso 618-663-1334.
HAVE QUESTIONS? CALL OR TEXT AUCTIONEER MARK KENNEDY - 618-924-1747