Union County IL 180 Acres / Whitetail Deer Turkey Hunting Income Timber / 2874AL
This property is located in the scenic rolling hills of Union County. As you enter the property, there is a grass meadow flanked by large mature pines and hardwood with a view of the steep-roofed home in the distance. The home and barn set back a 1/4 mile. The home/hunting lodge would be accommodating and quite comfortable for year-round living in a beautiful outdoor setting. The front glass door opens up onto a wooden deck overlooking a large pond nestled in the trees. It is a charming wilderness setting. The CRP grassland provides open views of wildlife movement throughout the day. There are several large food plots on the property. With over 180 acres and 10,000 acres of Shawnee Forest bordering the property; they'll be few neighbors and a whole lot of hunting available. There has been some large deer harvested and lot more filmed. There is even a cave on the property.
This property gives back, not only in its tranquil wilderness setting, or the first class whitetail hunting it provides; with CRP payments and hunting lease, the current owners are receiving over $20,000 per year. And then there's the value of the old-growth timber.
- 40 acres CRP paying $203/acre = $8,058/year payment
- Total open land including CRP is 47+- acres and 134+- acres of timber
- Shawnee Forest of over 10,000 acres borders property
- Several food plots scattered throughout property
- 2 ponds are on property
- The property is comprised of 2 stands of forest. A timber appraisal conducted in October of 2021 focused on Stand 1; stocked mostly with mature quality oak and yellow poplar, among other species. The value of timber if clear-cut in 2021 would be approximately $200,000 plus according to timber consultant's evaluation. Value in today's market would likely be quite a bit higher. Typically you would only want to harvest one third of the timber. In several other areas of the property, there are stands of mature pine. There can be an updated timber evaluation acquired by contacting the forestry consultants that originally appraised this stand of timber. We recommend that you do so due to changing market conditions.
- Deer hunting is very good on the property. There are some big deer on the property and also turkey. See pictures.
- Current owners in previous year received $12,000 for deer hunting lease and have a standing offer of $15,000 this year.
- The home/cabin is a modern frame structure built in late 1970s or early 80s. Home is well maintained with electric, water and septic system. It has 2 bedrooms downstairs, bath, kitchen, utility room, family room with vaulted ceilings and a large loft overlooking the family room. Loft can be used as a large bedroom or study.
- Home is 1050 square feet of living space. Sliding glass door leads to large deck overlooking a pond. Water is pumped from a well, however there is city water at the road.
- Location: Property is 10 minutes South of Jonesboro taking Route 127 to Old Cape Road, then right on Harvel Road.
Property Inspection: Saturdays, March 18 & April 1, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. OR By Appointment - Call or Text Brokers Mike Corso 618-528-0527 / email@example.com and Joe Corso 618-663-1334 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration: Proper registration is required to bid. All bidders must provide name, address, phone number and email address to register. By registering, all bidders acknowledge having read and agree to be bound by the Auction Terms and Conditions. Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse to register or admit Buyer at his/her sole discretion.
- Bidding: If you are unable to bid Online, or are unsure about the reliability of your internet connection, call the auctioneer and make alternative arrangements by April 4.
- Ebay Style Bidding / Max Bid
- The property will be offered as 1 tract. Online only.
- Bidding begins Thursday, March 2, 2023 and will be available until 8:00 PM CST Thursday, April 6, 2023, subject to bid extensions (Soft Close).
- Bidding will be on a per tract basis with a minimum opening bid of $500,000. Thereafter, bid increments will be $1,000.