Union County IL 380 Acres / Hunting Recreation Farm Income / 2858A
Begin your legacy for generations to follow with this once in a lifetime opportunity in owning 380+ acres in the heart of Union County, that also borders thousands of acres of Shawnee Forest. The property is close to the Shawnee Wine Trail, with its many vineyards and wineries. Turning off the main road and down the dead-end county road winding through the property, you get a sense of the vast beauty of the property, with bold outcropping walls of rock and timber that surrounds large fields that awaits next year's crop.
As you reach the old homestead sits a modern barn that can be easily turned into a hunting lodge or barn-dominium that overlooks rolling hills of terraced farmland. And off in the distance you can see Bald Knob Cross. Hutchins Creek meanders its way through the majority of the property.
This income-producing farm and hunting ranch provides the habitat that produces large whitetail bucks along with some good turkey and small game hunting. The the property has a fresh water spring and a couple of ponds. There are miles of ATV/UTV trails through a portion of the wooded areas. Hunting is a time-honored tradition shared with family and friends to build memories to last generations. This property has what it takes to build those memories. Together with the outstanding features of this property and knowledge and integrity of BuyAFarm, we can make those memories come true.
- Outbuildings: 42x65 w/12x65 covered patio, 38x52 older shed (repairs needed), 64x90 old barn (repairs needed), 20x20 hunting cabin (rustic)
- 116.44 tillable acres planted 2022, more possible
- 130+- acres forest, mature timber
- 140+- acres open land
- 30% crop share (current lease through 2023 crop year)
- 1.5 miles + bordering US Forest Service ground
- Just a few miles from the wine trail
- 1.5 miles North of Bald Knob
- Parcel #: Pt of 07-05-05-186, 07-06-05-201, 07-08-05-205
- Sections 5 & 8, T11S-R2W
Bidding Style: Max-bid (eBay style bidding). Enter your top dollar and let the computer bid for you or bid live.
Bids are placed per Tract / $1000 minimum bid increments.